14 Jul, 2018
30 Jul, 2018
SNOW LAKE hispar la
Trek to Snow Lake:
Snow Lake, or Lukpe Lawo, is a high-altitude glacial basin in the Karakoram mountain range in Gilgit-Baltistan. Snow Lake is located 16,000 feet (4,877 m) above sea level, and is approximately 10 miles (16 km) wide. The basin lies at the head of the Biafo and Hispar glaciers, which spread down from the Hispar Pass in opposite directions, forming a 61 mile (100 km) river of ice that is among the world's longest continuous glacier systems outside of the polar regions.
Martin Conway, the first foreign visitor, gave Snow Lake the name in 1892. Conway described Snow Lake as "beyond all comparison the finest view of mountains it has ever been my lot to behold, nor do I believe the world can hold a finer. Snow Lake is very difficult to reach, however, and only about 200 people manage to reach it per year.
Hispar Pass (or Hispar La) (el. 5,128 m./16,824 ft.) is a high-altitude, non-technical mountain pass in the Karakoram Range in Pakistan. At the pass, the Biafo Glacier (63 km. long) and Hispar Glacier (49 km long) meet to form the world's longest glacial traverse outside of the polar regions, 100 kilometers in length.
The Jamal Pass trek begins in the green and beautiful Hoh valley and crosses the 5300 meters high Jamal Pass down to the massive Biafo glacier. From Biafo glacier it´s possible to continue on the Biafo-Hispar Snow Lake Trek to Hunza
No of Days: 17-18
Weather Condition: Extreme Cold
Number of Participants Maximum : 12
Details of Plan:
- 14th July, 2018: Islamabad to SKardu Departure at 7:00 PM. Dinner at Mansehra at 11:00 pm (Aprox). Overnight in travelling.
- 15th July, 2018: Breakfast at Besham at 5:00 AM.
Departure for Skardu, Lunch at Summer Nallah / Chillas, Overnight & Dinner at Skardu at a Hotel in Skardu.
- 16th July, 2018: Rest Day / Shopping Day at Skardu. Overnight at a Hotel in Skardu.
- 17th July, 2018: Drive to Hoo Valley, Overnight in Tents.
- 18th July, 2018: Trek to Nagnma, Overnight in Tents.
- 19th July, 2018: Trek to Goor Camp, Overnight in Tents.
- 20th July, 2018: Toor Camp to Karkor Spangbu, Overnight in Tents.
-21st July, 2018: Korkor Spangbu to cross JAMAL PASS(5200m) to High camp, Overnight in Tents .
-22nd July, 2018: High Camp to Sabrong, Overnight in Tents.
-23rd July, 2018: Sabrong to Marfogoro, Overnight in Tents.
-24th July, 2018: Marfogoro to Snow Lake, Overnight in Tents. (4877m)
-25th July, 2018: Rest Day / Free Day at Snow Lake (4877m)
-26th July, 2018: Snow Lake to Hisper Top, Overnight in Tents.
-27th July, 2018: Hisper top to Khani basa, Overnight in Tents
-28th July, 2018: Khanibasa to Youthmaro, Overnight in Tents
-29th July, 2018: Youthmuru to Dachigan, Overnight in a Hotel.
-25thu, 2016: Dachigan to Hisper, Overnight in travel.
-29th July, 2018: Hisper to Karimabad.
-30th July, 2018: (Karimabad to Islamabad)
Mandatory Pre-Trip Team Meeting:
A pre-trip meetings will be held before setting off on the expedition in order to introduce the participants with each other and to brief them on preparations and requirements of the trek.
* Those who are in other cities / countries and cannot join physicaly may join the meeting via Skype.
Team Meeting: 25th June, 2018
- Transport (Pick and Drop from Lahore / Islamabad / Rawalpindi to Lahore / Islamabad / Rawalpindi on Selected Routes). (ISB-Skardu-ISB via Natco)
- Jeep Rental
- Camping Equipment. (Tents & Mattress)
- Services of a guide
- Standard Hotel Accommodation on 3-4 Pax sharing basis as per itinerary
- 3 Times a day Standard Meals during the Trip.
- Road tolls.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Kitchen equipment & Related items
- Bridge taxes.
- 12 Kg porter facility for member’s personal gear.
(Above 12 Kg will be separately charged from member on spot, as per porter rate per Kg)
Services not Included in Trek to Snow Lake trip:
- Personal Sleeping Bag
- Medication, evacuation and rescue etc.
- Drinks, phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
- Extra expenses due to road blocks or other reason.
- Anything not mentioned in services included section.
Cost From Islamabad: 110,000/- PKR
Cost From Lahore: 112,000/- PKR
Cost from Skardu: 100,000/- PKR
Cost for Foreign Nationals
Joining from Islamabad: 2100 USD
Joining from Skardu: 1900 USD
Note: Invitation letters will be issued to the interested foreign nationals for visa process.
30,000/- PKR Advance and form must be filled to confirm registration.
Remaining amount must be paid till 20th of June, 2018.
Flexible Installment Plan:
Participants can pay the trip cost in flexible installment plan of their choice. They may choose any amount of their choice for an instalment at their desired date. They need to pay off the full charges of trip by the last date of registration i.e. 20th June, 2016.
Discover Pakistan offers a perfect match between price and quality services. DP works with the aim of providing a platform to nature lovers and adventure enthusiastic and thus enabling them to discover the Magnificence of the land of hospitality, Pakistan.
Last date for Booking is = 20th June, 2018.
For More Details and Booking Please Call
+923235459876 / +923477584460
Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keyword: Trek to Snow Lake
Snow lake trek
7 Days Autumn Tour to Hunza, Naltar Valley and Khunjerab Pass
Naltar Valley, Hunza, Khunjerab Pass
Fri, Oct 05 - 12:00 AM
If you have any query regarding Trek to Snow Lake - Hispar La or need more details. Kindly let us know below in the comment section.